Thursday, January 27, 2011

TuTu's, CuppyCakes & Horsies


This past weekend we had the absolute joy of celebrating Princess Raegan's 3rd Birthday Party. This was an event that I had in the works for some time. I combined 3 of Raegan's favorites to create her Birthday #3...TuTus, Cuppycakes & Horsies!
Party guests were emailed a link to a website-party-invitation I designed using a free web design/hosting service, WIX.COM.  I had never "designed" a website before the this was not as hard as I thought it would be. I kept her website-party invitation simple and fun.
I shopped, I crafted, I baked, I sewed, I shopped some more...
As the big day approached I cleared the furniture out of a couple of rooms in our home and transformed them into Party Central.
The party tables were wrapped with Bubblegum Pink and Lime Green plastic linens purchased at a discount store. I sewed cupcake shaped placemats with cotton fabrics I found at one of the few remaining Walmarts that carry a fabric department. Tissue paper was used to create whimsical poms that I hung from the ceilings and used as napkin decor.  I also made the place cards using lime green cardstock, ribbon and a stamp kit.
I purchased the cute stick-horses at The Dollar Tree to use as party favors. I also sewed each party guest a Ribbon TuTu to wear home. They ended up being a cute decor for the metal folding chairs we rented from the Langley Air Force Base Outdoor Rec Program.
 
I baked a 3 dimensional, large cupcake from a Wilton Giant CupCake Pan. I opted for this cake pan because when I used a 50% JoAnns store coupon it was a better bargain than the Big Top Cupcake Pan I originally intended to purchase. (still love that commercial!) I sewed a skirt for the pedastal cake plate to match the party theme colors. I also baked some regular sized cupcakes to be used as a cupcake decorating party activity.
 
And it's not a party without a CANDY BUFFET! I call this one THE CANDY CORRAL! Toy horses, cowboy hats and mason jars full of candy and confections were a delight to the young party goers.
Finally, with a little help from a friend, we put out some quick decorations on the front porch to welcome the party guests.
The highlight of the party was a surprise visit from The Teeny Tiny Farm. The wonderful and friendly owner of the Farm, Deb,  brought a pony for the children to ride. She also brought a miniature horse and another pony for the children to enjoy. I was excited  for another opportunity for Princess Raegan to wear her Halloween Costume and the Princess was in Horsie Heaven!
Waiting to ride the pony!
Pony Kiss!
Did you notice the pony has Pink hooves?!

After the ponies left the party guests played some games to kill a few minutes while lunch was in the final stages of preparations.

Simon Says......
I recycled the bags that our new king size pillows were packaged in for use as sacks in a round of Sack Races!

After a YUMMY lunch it was TIME FOR CAKE!

BEFORE!

AFTER
Next everyone decorated their very own Cuppycakes! We soon discovered that the canned frosting I purchased was too difficult for little fingers to use effectively. So the parents jumped in and helped the kiddos prepare their cupcakes. The girls had several toppings to select from to create their very own unique cupcake.
The sweet treats continued with a trip to the CANDY CORRAL, then outside to enjoy some more sunshine! The weather was so fantastic that we even made SNO-CONES! YEP! SNO-CONES in November!
 
The party was truly a SMASH! We greatly appreciate all our guests and the genereous gifts Princess Raegan received!  And a SUPER SPECIAL THANK YOU to The Teeny Tiny Farm!

 


This party was featured on:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...